6-13 April, 2024
Catalunya is very special. It’s an independent minded ‘place apart’ within Spain, whose coasts stretch into southern France, renowned for modernist architects and artists, free thinking and Barcelona football club. Catalans pride themselves on their culture, art and football but above all it’s the wine and gastronomy that define the people.
The finest cavas are produced by local families, some of Europe’s best red wines are made in Priorat, together with a huge range of fine wines across the Catalan regions. Superb seafood fresh from the Mediterranean is highly prized, and of course quality pork, lamb and beef is abundant.
The diverse landscapes of the Costa Brava to the Costa Dorada are a delight to behold, wonderful vistas to be enjoyed at every turn.
6-13 April, 2024
- Dinner in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter
- Visits to top wineries in Priorat, Emporda, Penedes and Montsant
- Visit historic monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes
- Calçotada – a unique Catalan experience featuring the outdoor grilling of large spring onions over an open fire in Priorat
- Lunch by the sea in the Costa Brava
- Top class Cava tastings
- Michelin star dinners in Peralada and Cambrils
- Lunch with the winemaker in Emporda
Top wineries included
Costers del Siurana (Clos de l’Obac), Torres, Jean Leon, Coco i Fito, Clos Figueras, Peralada, Vinyes d’Olivardots, Massia Serra, Pares Balta, Llopart
Single Supplement $1000
What's Included & Extensions
- 1 nights H10 Urquinaona, Barcelona
- 2 nights Hotel Peralada
- 2 nights MiM Hotel, Sitges
- 2 nights Sol Port, Cambrils
- Private transport by luxury coach
- English speaking guides
- Breakfast daily; 6 lunches/ 4 dinners
- Activities as specified
Airfare and flights; meals not mentioned above; travel insurance, gratuities for guides
Business Development Manager and Tour Host
Simon has a lifelong passion for wine and travel, stemming from a visit to the Barossa Valley when he lived and worked in Australia as a teenager. Since then he has visited most of the top wine regions of the world. He studied at Queen’s University Belfast and had a career in IT and professional rugby management before joining Iberian Wine Tours. After successfully completing the Level 3 WSET Advanced Certificate in Wines and Spirits he has worked closely with Jeremy Shaw in overseeing the growth of the company.