28 May - 4 June 2017
May and June is a wonderful time to enjoy the high altitude clarity of Old Castile, with its magnificent castles, mountains and squares and for savouring the red wines of Toro and the Sierra de Gredos as well as the whites of Rueda. Regional gastronomic specialities like suckling pig and lamb as well as some of the world’s best hams make this a food and wine lover’s heaven.
28 May - 4 June 2017
- Family suckling lamb lunch at Alejandro Fernandez’s Dehesa la Granja estate
- Private visit to the Liria Palace in Madrid, home to the dukes of Alba and superb pieces of art
- Wine visits to Teso la Monja, Ossian, Bernabeleva, La Zorra
- Visit to one of the world’s top Iberian ham producers, Simon Martin
- Visit to cheese maker Vicente Pastor
- Michelin star dinners at Victor Gutierez in Salamanca and El Club Allard in Madrid
- Visit to see Picasso’s famous painting, Guernica
- Private visit to the Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid
- Suckling pig lunch in Segovia
- Walking tour of Segovia and Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso
What's Included & Extensions
This price includes all accommodation, visits and tastings at wineries, all breakfasts and 11 meals (6 lunches and 5 dinners) during the trip (for other meals you are free to make your own plans), all wine at meals, a tour manager and local transport. Flights, insurance and tips are not included.
Single supplement $700
(per person sharing)
- Euro Price
- GBP Price
If you would like to pay in full please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
Managing Director and Tour Host
Jeremy couldn’t resist a spell in Spain in 1993 just before he started working as a lawyer in London. He had studied at the Sorbonne and then worked in the wine industry for Steven Spurrier in Paris but the sunny days in Salamanca in that first half of 1993 changed his life. As well as meeting wife Marisa, Jeremy developed a love for Spain and the Spanish that has permeated his life ever since.
Gijs van Hensbergen
Gijs van Hensbergen is a Dutch art historian, food critic and Hispanist. After training at the Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London for a BA Hons and Postgraduate research in History of Art he worked for the Knoedler Gallery, in London and New York. Following this, he made the rather eccentric decision to devote 5 years of his life to the art of the Master Chef of the Chaine des Rotisseurs as a suckling pig specialist in Segovia, Spain. He is now the Grand Knight of the Noble Order of the Silver Whisk.